Conditions of Enrolment for International Students Enrolment Procedure for International Students
1. The parent or guardian understands that International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand. This will be arranged through the school.
2. The student must have a parent and school-approved guardian in New Zealand.
3. The student will involve himself in class and co-curricular activities, and take an active part as a member of the school community.
4. If the student is absent from school he must provide a note from his homestay or guardian or a doctor’s certificate in the case of illness.
5. The student understands that he must not own or drive a motor vehicle during the time he is enrolled at Christchurch Boys' High School.
6. The student will respect and obey his homestay’s rules.
7. The student will wear the correct Christchurch Boys’ High School uniform.
8. The parents must notify the school in writing if the student intends to change homestay or guardian.
9. The student has read and understood the school rules as stipulated in the School Prospectus and/or Student Diary and agrees to follow all rules and meet the expectations on all students of Christchurch Boys’ High School.
10. The parent or guardian has read and signed the attached documents containing the school’s policies related to International Students.
3. You will also be required to complete a Statement of Designated Caregiver form and return it to the school.
4. If your application is successful, you will be sent a Letter of Acceptance including fee payment details, and a Tuition Agreement for you to read and sign.
5. Pay tuition and insurance fees, and homestay and guardianship fees into the school’s bank account and notify the school that this has been done.
6. The school will then issue a receipt and an updated Offer of Place letter, which is required by the New Zealand Immigration Service before they will issue you with a Student Visa.
7. Apply for your Student Visa.
|Please notify the school at least 7 days in advance of your arrival.
For current students, school fees for the following year must be paid by the end of the school year, otherwise the student will not be guaranteed an Offer of Place for the next year.